Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

G******** brothers and sisters and Happy New Year!!

When confronted with a vehicle on it's side, many fire/rescue agencies are accustomed to using cribbing or ropes to stabilize a vehicle. This can serve as a temporary measure towards a truly stabilized vehicle. The use of rescue struts has been around for quite sometime but few rescuers receive the quality training needed to perform such operations.

当切割屋顶柱,车顶导轨和取代关键元件时,在其侧面或屋顶上支撑车辆时,应考虑放置支柱的位置。

When placing struts on a vehicle on its side, do you prefer struts on the chassis side or the passenger side?

在您的回应中,请证明并解释您的立场。我正在寻找各种我希望进行的培训的观点。

Please watch the video below. Notice the cribbing but no support on passenger side. Struts were placed on chassis side.

Views:529

附件:

回复这个

回答这一讨论

实际上由于struts是快速和容易set up placing them on both sides is a good way to go. Chassis side there usually isn't any problem but due to patient extrication the passenger side can pose challenges. Using a halligan or something similar you can usually get a purchase point between the trunk and quarter panel along with the hood and quarter panel. Even if you place one on the chassis side centered and two on the passenger side you have a very stable vehicle. Again the variable is type, size and condition of the vehicle.

另一个变量是地形。这是理想的,一个沥青停车场。很多时候,我们都在沟渠或不平坦的地形中工作。这就是为什么我建议将支撑杆放在两边,因为如果是柔软的或湿的土壤,一旦您开始使用它,则所有赌注都在该车辆的位置上关闭。两侧的支撑杆正确,车辆将保留在您想要的位置。我总是害怕入侵或滑落。人们忽略的支柱的一个方面是将它们放在适当的位置。

我喜欢将支撑杆放在乘客侧的另一个原因是因为当您开始拆卸挡风玻璃或切割柱子时,车辆正在失去其结构强度的很大一部分。在底部的支撑杆上,只有您可以将车辆滚动到其顶部以及救援人员和患者的风险。

只是我的想法
沃尔特
我认为沃尔特把它固定了。在我称其为稳定之前,我总是会尝试在两侧(闪亮的一侧和肮脏的一侧)撑起撑杆。只要您有良好的抓点,就可以将车身抬高到空中。如果支撑杆开始下沉或车辆开始沉降,这也将为您提供良好的视觉指示器。
I don’t know if I would stake the pads down. First, I don’t know what would be enough to hold the pads in place if the vehicle was on an incline and tried to move. Also, any pin that you are trying to drive is going to be dependent on the ground (the gravel road/asphalt parking lot). If I was looking at the set up and getting worried, I’d probably think in terms of tying off to a rig or other fixture on the up hill side of the scene.

Good scenario. I look forward to other thoughts.
Larry, when I mentioned staking the struts that was to keep them from slipping out from a 90 degree angle in relation to the vehicle. It was clear in my head but you understand how things are lost in translation. Our Rescue 42's came with some pretty hefty picket stakes that will serve many uses besides staking the strut in place.

Trey, I'm willing to bet that in your training agenda you were going to cover making sure that the struts remain at the 90 degree angle otherwise you lose the buttress type system and they are no longer effective. It seems simple and is one of the key components of using struts but sometimes the simple things are always hard.

祝你好运,
I didn't watch the video because I don't have a driver for Flash, but I had assumed that the struts are being secured by ratchet straps at the bottom of the triangle. I thought that when pins were mentioned, it was to keep the struts and vehicle from sliding if the angle is severe.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login aboveDOES NOTprovide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives.Please go here for our archives

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by theFire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

有关审查的内容,请转到www.sacthai.com/issues

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
我们很高兴能参加我们的讨论和互动论坛。在开始发布之前,请花一点时间read our policy page。- -Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mailpeter.prochilo@clarionevents.com

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

©2022创建fireeng。Powered by

Badges|Report an Issue|Terms of Service

Baidu