Fire Engineering Training Community

消防员来谈话训练的地方

My Dept. is taking delivery of 3 Sutphen SP70's in March 2010 and I am looking for some good Truck Ops info. Coweta County, GA has never operated true Truck Companies and we are about to put 3 on the pavement. I recently was accepted to an Aerial Ops class and learned some good info but I'm looking for street sense stuff. I'm looking for you experienced Truckies to tell me what you did when you first begin learning good tactics for Truck Ops. I understand traditional jobs that Truck Companies do and I'm comfortable with those tasks. I am looking for info like spotting, water supply, everyday training, etc. What should we be doing on a daily basis to get good fast? By the way, our Trucks 3 70' Mid-Mount Platforms and 1 100' Rear-Mount Stick for Reserve. Thanks, Brad McBrier

回复这个

回答这一讨论

Get the trucks out. Take them out in the community and set them up. See where you can and can't reach. The MM is easy to spot because it is right behind the cab. Operating the trucks in your area will get the guys good at spotting the apparatus, determining how much room they need for the outriggers, what everyones job should be on setting the truck up. Our Sutphen 95' platform should have the front bumper angled out about 8' to get the best spot and not have the cab in the way. Don't use just commercial buildings, use single family dwellings as well. This is simple stuff but will give your guys valuable training. It will also make the community feel good about its purchase because they will see what they bought and that you guys are training on how to use them.

Take the engine guys along on the spotting drills. Then they can see why you need the address and they need to pull past of short.

在另一个网站我看到培训技巧。取一个短(2-3') piece of tubular webbing or rope and attach it to the tip of your ladder. On the end have something like a tennis ball. This is something I want to implement when I get home. Thinking about drilling a h*** in the ball and running prussic cord through it or slicing a h*** and using webbing but either way tie a knot on the bottom to keep it in place. Place a snap link on the other end and it will be easy to take on and off. Then have your operators place the ball on top of a building, on top of a cone or whatever is available. This will help with their depth perception, it will give them time on the controls, it will clearly define the reach, give the crew practice in hand signals, basically the stuff they need to run the truck.

您是否有一个通风屋顶模拟器可以让家伙练习从水桶中排出?我唯一不喜欢Suphen的是水桶下方的步骤。我们在特百惠容器中的水桶中存储了一些管状织带,这些织带可以通过锚点运行,然后将卡车带连接到织带上。这使船员可以跪下来,但仍然被束缚。我们部门中最短的人仍然可以裁员,因此步骤不可克服。

希望当我们更换RM棒时,我们可以得到Sutphen SPH100​​。那个水桶和整个卡车都岩石!

我们不经营卡车公司,这项工作是由可用的人执行的,但这是我拿起的几件事。您想了解供水吗?

希望这可以帮助,
沃尔特。
Here are two groups you may want to join on here to give you some helpful tips.
卡车公司运营
Aerial Operations

这是一个很棒的网站,可以帮助您VENTENTERSEARCH.COM

Also check out the videos on FireEngineering.com卡车公司

注意安全
Good info Capt, Thanks. Tennis Ball trick is brilliant. I have heard from other Depts. that leaving room for the Truck has been one of the biggest problems faced with introduction of Truck Companies. We have already implemented training our Eng Companies on spotting and hopefully that headstart will help. We do in fact have a great roof vent simulator and plan to wear it out quickly. Sorry, I dont even know why the hell I put water supply in there. How long are yalls tethers? Thanks again brother and be safe out there.

托德“沃尔特”沃尔顿说:
Get the trucks out. Take them out in the community and set them up. See where you can and can't reach. The MM is easy to spot because it is right behind the cab. Operating the trucks in your area will get the guys good at spotting the apparatus, determining how much room they need for the outriggers, what everyones job should be on setting the truck up. Our Sutphen 95' platform should have the front bumper angled out about 8' to get the best spot and not have the cab in the way. Don't use just commercial buildings, use single family dwellings as well. This is simple stuff but will give your guys valuable training. It will also make the community feel good about its purchase because they will see what they bought and that you guys are training on how to use them.

Take the engine guys along on the spotting drills. Then they can see why you need the address and they need to pull past of short.

在另一个网站我看到培训技巧。取一个短(2-3') piece of tubular webbing or rope and attach it to the tip of your ladder. On the end have something like a tennis ball. This is something I want to implement when I get home. Thinking about drilling a h*** in the ball and running prussic cord through it or slicing a h*** and using webbing but either way tie a knot on the bottom to keep it in place. Place a snap link on the other end and it will be easy to take on and off. Then have your operators place the ball on top of a building, on top of a cone or whatever is available. This will help with their depth perception, it will give them time on the controls, it will clearly define the reach, give the crew practice in hand signals, basically the stuff they need to run the truck.

您是否有一个通风屋顶模拟器可以让家伙练习从水桶中排出?我唯一不喜欢Suphen的是水桶下方的步骤。我们在特百惠容器中的水桶中存储了一些管状织带,这些织带可以通过锚点运行,然后将卡车带连接到织带上。这使船员可以跪下来,但仍然被束缚。我们部门中最短的人仍然可以裁员,因此步骤不可克服。

希望当我们更换RM棒时,我们可以得到Sutphen SPH100​​。那个水桶和整个卡车都岩石!

我们不经营卡车公司,这项工作是由可用的人执行的,但这是我拿起的几件事。您想了解供水吗?

希望这可以帮助,
沃尔特。
感谢您的联系兄弟和对上帝的爱,请在那里保持热身。

Brad Hoff said:
Here are two groups you may want to join on here to give you some helpful tips.
卡车公司运营
Aerial Operations

这是一个很棒的网站,可以帮助您VENTENTERSEARCH.COM

Also check out the videos on FireEngineering.com卡车公司

注意安全
布拉德(Brad),我认为在布拉德·霍夫(Brad Hoff)建议的VES网站上发现了网球技巧。织带循环只是我们所有人都携带的标准14'件,或者是您需要的其他管道。我们将其与容器中的水结绑在一起。不要认为它们是完美的长度,但它会给您一些东西。希望您不会用“绳子上的涂料”结束,但这是一种手段,可以使它们从铲斗中砍掉时将其固定在天线上。

自1980年以来,我们的部门一直在前任酋长以来一直在空中,但这仅是“大人物”。当然,您通常不知道自己有一个很大的东西,直到您进入它。由于我们的ISO审查,我们变得更加进步,现在将梯子第二次延伸,第一次将引擎带入引擎。第三个引擎来自任何一个车站。由于不始终如一地行驶,即使在SOP中,我们还是一个年轻的部门,在空中行动方面。我们打破了与门衬上预处理的不良习惯,但仍然发生了,因为不良习惯很难打破。当我用梯子做出回应时,我试图提示引擎告诉我采取哪种方式,以便他记得离开梯子的地址。

祝你好运,
沃尔特
我不会在重复托德的评论时让您感到无聊,但我想指出他已经在这里。我们从一个重新安装棒到MM塔,在所有类型的建筑物上发现的持续钻孔是关键。我们还用5 gal进行“桶形牛仔竞技表演”。泡沫桶将其放入屋顶,门廊和围裙两侧的垃圾桶中。这为每个操作员提供了一些有限的控制技能。一旦操作员足够好,可以将桶拿到罐中而无需碰到侧面,我们就会使他/她将发动机置于高空闲置,然后重新开始。

I would note that using a 70 ft. MM effectively will require excellent spotting skills by you DO's. 70 ft. is not much when you account for routine setbacks. Practice, practice, practice. If you can afford to, get Lt. Mike Wilbur from FDNY to come do an aerial class with your aerials. The time is invaluable. (www.emergencyvehicleresponse.com)
Brad, Adam's comment about high idle gave me a thought. On our 2002 Sutphen you need to engage the pump to keep the hydraulic fluid cool if you are going to be operating the ladder for more than 20 minutes. As a result, when you put the pump in gear you don't have high idle. When a demo SPH 100 was through we asked the rep about that and he said that Sutphen changed the cooling system so you no longer have to run the pump to help keep the hydraulics cool. Didn't ask if that applied to all their devices. Make sure that you pose that question to the delivery rep.
以前,我们没有接触泵,但是Sutphen发出了服务公告,因此我们调整了操作并相应地训练了我们的操作员。就像我说的那样,他们可能远离这种冷却液压的方式,但请务必问。
Good stuff Chief, Thanks. We'll be bucket rodeoing down here in GA when the Trucks make it in town. We demoed many rigs and found that Coweta would best benefit from 70' Towers due to building height restrictions in place at the current time. We plan to purchase an SPH 100 in about two years when our new 10 story hospital is constructed. We cover a large rural area that has some weight limit and height issues which also played a part in choosing the 70 footers. Another factor was the fact that we could purchase 2 SP 70s for about the same money as a SPH 100 due to the fact we were buying multiple units. Bid was for 4 engines, 2 or 3 Platforms depending, and a heavy. We also recieve mutual aid from the city with their 100' KME Platform if we should need it (just hope i aint gotta get in it). Thanks again for the reply and be safe.

亚当·梅克利(Adam Miceli)说:
我不会在重复托德的评论时让您感到无聊,但我想指出他已经在这里。我们从一个重新安装棒到MM塔,在所有类型的建筑物上发现的持续钻孔是关键。我们还用5 gal进行“桶形牛仔竞技表演”。泡沫桶将其放入屋顶,门廊和围裙两侧的垃圾桶中。这为每个操作员提供了一些有限的控制技能。一旦操作员足够好,可以将桶拿到罐中而无需碰到侧面,我们就会使他/她将发动机置于高空闲置,然后重新开始。

I would note that using a 70 ft. MM effectively will require excellent spotting skills by you DO's. 70 ft. is not much when you account for routine setbacks. Practice, practice, practice. If you can afford to, get Lt. Mike Wilbur from FDNY to come do an aerial class with your aerials. The time is invaluable. (www.emergencyvehicleresponse.com)
我一定会澄清我们的代表,我记得当我去哥伦布去哥伦布进行前建造时,我记得在讨论高昂的闲置时,但现在不记得了。我们正处于指出4个发动机,3座塔和一个重型救援的中间。我的记忆有烟雾。感谢提醒兄弟

托德“沃尔特”沃尔顿说:
Brad, Adam's comment about high idle gave me a thought. On our 2002 Sutphen you need to engage the pump to keep the hydraulic fluid cool if you are going to be operating the ladder for more than 20 minutes. As a result, when you put the pump in gear you don't have high idle. When a demo SPH 100 was through we asked the rep about that and he said that Sutphen changed the cooling system so you no longer have to run the pump to help keep the hydraulics cool. Didn't ask if that applied to all their devices. Make sure that you pose that question to the delivery rep.
以前,我们没有接触泵,但是Sutphen发出了服务公告,因此我们调整了操作并相应地训练了我们的操作员。就像我说的那样,他们可能远离这种冷却液压的方式,但请务必问。

回复to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

我们的贡献者的帖子并未由188金宝搏是正规吗消防工程技术委员会,并反映个人作者的观点和观点。欢迎任何人参加。

有关审查的内容,请转到www.sacthai.com/issues

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
我们很高兴能参加我们的讨论和互动论坛。在开始发布之前,请花一点时间阅读我们的政策页面。- -Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
我们积极监视社区的垃圾邮件,但是有些确实会经历。单击链接时,请使用常识和谨慎。如果您怀疑自己被垃圾邮件击中,请发送电子邮件peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com

FE Podcasts

查看最近的一集和时间表
即将到来的播客

Groups

© 2021 Created byFireeng。Powered by

徽章|报告问题|服务条款

Baidu