Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Brothers and sisters, I've got a Captains assessment center next week. Any and all ideas on possible interview questions/answers to look for would be greatly appreciated. Our assessment center is two days. Group discussion, Hot Seat, written exercise, 3000 word research paper, 10 minute power point presentation on the resaerch paper and structured interview. Can't wait to drink lots of beer after this...

Views:10123

回复这个

回答这一讨论

兄弟,您曾在热门座位上到达现在的位置。从本质上讲,从更高层次上开始,请考虑诸如官员发展,指导您周围的年轻官员和消防员,更多的监督角色和任务,以包括预算项目。更多的命令角色可能是因为他们期望他们从高级官员身上培养他们有一天接管BC/AC的工作。您将在消防官III中看到更多。任何好官员都知道他们正在训练下面的人,以在一天中从事工作。因此,请根据您部门的船长每日情况寻找问题。

Not sure what they might throw at anyone in an assessment these days. Hope you have a controversial topic for your research paper like budgets and brownouts. Think about what steps you and your crew could do to save the department money like on energy savings at the stations, on overtime, preventing injuries to save workman's comp money. How to train personnel with minimal training funds and so on. These are all things facing most departments in America today and looks to be that way in the future.

Find a Captain and ask them to mentor you and help with some of this.

Good luck brother

KTF
非常感谢兄弟!

Brad Hoff said:
兄弟,您曾在热门座位上到达现在的位置。从本质上讲,从更高层次上开始,请考虑诸如官员发展,指导您周围的年轻官员和消防员,更多的监督角色和任务,以包括预算项目。更多的命令角色可能是因为他们期望他们从高级官员身上培养他们有一天接管BC/AC的工作。您将在消防官III中看到更多。任何好官员都知道他们正在训练下面的人,以在一天中从事工作。因此,请根据您部门的船长每日情况寻找问题。

Not sure what they might throw at anyone in an assessment these days. Hope you have a controversial topic for your research paper like budgets and brownouts. Think about what steps you and your crew could do to save the department money like on energy savings at the stations, on overtime, preventing injuries to save workman's comp money. How to train personnel with minimal training funds and so on. These are all things facing most departments in America today and looks to be that way in the future.

Find a Captain and ask them to mentor you and help with some of this.

Good luck brother

KTF
兄弟 - 一年多以前,我经历了这一过程。我的部门使用了一次促销采访,我坐在我所在地区不同部门的3名负责人面前。提出的问题变化了,没有遇到许多与“火灾”相关的问题,例如我的中尉考试中的问题。大多数问题都集中在管理问题上,开发SOP/SOG,对部门预算的投入和培训。我的面板正望着火场。由于船长处于高层管理层(Asst.Chief,Dep。Ceagion&Chief)的水平,因此他们希望看到该职位的“经理”一侧,而不是“消防员”方面。
You might also reach out to those who have been through the process you describe. Valuable information can also be found in those who did not pass that type of evaluation. You gain a better insight from those candidates. I hope this helps. Best of Luck!!
WSFD上尉Glen Murray
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

再次,请继续发布。

格伦·默里(Glen Murray)said:
兄弟 - 一年多以前,我经历了这一过程。我的部门使用了一次促销采访,我坐在我所在地区不同部门的3名负责人面前。提出的问题变化了,没有遇到许多与“火灾”相关的问题,例如我的中尉考试中的问题。大多数问题都集中在管理问题上,开发SOP/SOG,对部门预算的投入和培训。我的面板正望着火场。由于船长处于高层管理层(Asst.Chief,Dep。Ceagion&Chief)的水平,因此他们希望看到该职位的“经理”一侧,而不是“消防员”方面。
You might also reach out to those who have been through the process you describe. Valuable information can also be found in those who did not pass that type of evaluation. You gain a better insight from those candidates. I hope this helps. Best of Luck!!
WSFD上尉Glen Murray
jerry said:
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

除此之外,下面的此链接可能很有用:Training interview questions
再次,请继续发布。

格伦·默里(Glen Murray)said:
WSFD上尉Glen Murray
On my oral boards I had:
1) You have 250' of 2.5" hose, 2, 1.75" hand lines flowing 125 GPM operating on the 7th floor using a variable stream and a smooth bore nozzle, what is your engine discharge pressure
2) You realize @ shift change that there is a need for overtime, what do you do?
3)What does NFPA 1500 mean to you? How does it effect your safety?
4) describe your goals for the department if you are promoted
5)NFPA的颜色代码是什么,每种颜色的流量是什么?它将如何影响您的决策
6) EMS questions

I dont remember the other questions, as always, the what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths. How do you resolve conflict in the firehouse (Shifts eating each others food, coffee dues and so on), worst day on the job/best day on the job and why.

The Chief's for my interview were pretty laid back and didnt set a tense atmosphere, that really helped.

GOOD LUCK, you are stepping into the hardest job, between the Chiefs and the Indians, but I still love it!

Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

Interview questions is important. I have got some my experience about it. I believe that it's wonderful.

除此之外,您还可以参考更多资源:消防员面试问题和答案

祝你好运。

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login aboveDOES NOTprovide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives.Please go here for our archives

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the188金宝搏是正规吗消防工程技术委员会, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

有关审查的内容,请转到www.sacthai.com/issues

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
我们很高兴能参加我们的讨论和互动论坛。在开始发布之前,请花一点时间read our policy page。- -Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mailpeter.prochilo@clarionevents.com

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2022 Created byfireeng。Powered by

Badges|Report an Issue|Terms of Service

Baidu