Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Probably some of the most important procedures we have in the fire service involve incident management. These are the procedures we use at all incidents, regardless of nature, to keep everyone at the fire scene safe and "on the same page," so to speak, which was the subject of Alan Brunacini's "Rules of Engagement" column in the March, 2008 issue of Fire Engineering. How does your department manage it's incidents?
Attached is a copy of our Incident Management policy, which also includes communication and accountability. Please feel free to review, critique, and use any and all components that you wish. The direction I would like to see this group go in is information sharing center where members can research what policies other department's are using when looking to create or retune their own policies.
Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the IMS SOP, it seems to cover almost everything. There are some things I would change for our department, but these may not work for you.

How often do you train/review your personnel on this? Personally, I could train every day when not on a response, but most of our people have families, and lives elsewhere. I'm thinking about volunteers, so we can't require them to be at a certain place at a certain time, though the response is usually pretty good.

Be safe.

Sunny
The IMS policy is something we review usually at the beginning of every year, but more importantly, incorporate into numerous drills throughout the year. We also "train" with this during actual responses. There's nothing wrong with asking for an unexpected PAR at a random time during an odor of smoke investigation or similar response. It keeps the guys on their toes and its a way of practicing it without an extra drill. By the way, what were some of the things you would change for your department, maybe they would work for us?

Thanks,
松鸦

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login aboveDOES NOTprovide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives.Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the188金宝搏是正规吗消防工程technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go towww.sacthai.com/issues.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment toread our policy page. --Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mailpeter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2022 Created byfireeng. Powered by

Badges|Report an Issue|Terms of Service

Baidu