Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I have some ideas. But I'm Looking for some input on how you would conduct a training on an aquired house. Step by step from start to finish. We are a paid on call volunteer department with two stations and 35 members. We should have this structure for about a month? We normally train on monday nights for two hours, but will more than likely do a couple 8 hr saturday trainings for this. I quess my biggest question is coming up with a structured plan to get the most out of this house. Basically I don,t want 10 guy's training and 25 standing around. I would like to have them train in different positions as well as their normal position ie. a FF in the IC position. My plan is to run it like an actual call ( I don't want anybody going through the house ahead of time )and throw in some issue's they have not come across yet. Then do some more specific training. I feel that the training we have had in the past on aquired houses have been put together at the last minute, not the best use of time, and the guy's get made because they are standing around. FYI we have 1-Chief, 2-Asst Chief, 4-Captian, 5-Lieutenant.

Thanks for your replies.

Views:320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Live fire? If so, make sure you fully understand the requirements of NFPA 1403 and have enough staff experienced w/ live fire to be able to pull it off safely.

If you are going the live fire route, I have a few class outlines/objectives of recent burns where I have been the lead instructor and I am happy to email them to you.

Let me know, I would be happy to help

Jake

Eventually it will be a live burn. So I would like to see what you have. My email ispatriotgci@roadrunner.com

Thank You!

Jake Beck said:

Live fire? If so, make sure you fully understand the requirements of NFPA 1403 and have enough staff experienced w/ live fire to be able to pull it off safely.

If you are going the live fire route, I have a few class outlines/objectives of recent burns where I have been the lead instructor and I am happy to email them to you.

Jake

Tom -

I am back in the office in the a.m., I will send them over to you.

Good luck,

Jake

Tom Burger said:

Eventually it will be a live burn. So I would like to see what you have. My email ispatriotgci@roadrunner.com

Thank You!

Jake Beck said:

Jake

Tom, I went through the same thought process with a few vacant I had. Basically, I structured drills around the amount of damage that would be done. All of the drills that would involve little or no damage I did first ending with ventilation.

1. Search

2.梯子

3. Hose line advancement

4. Denver Drill and Detroit Dive

5. RIT

6. Ventilation

The only issue with this order was once the interior got wet it started getting moldy. Next time I will move the hose work later in the order. Running like a real incident is great for the command staff but you most likely will end up with areas that are un-usable more then once and/or areas that are deemed un-safe for usage after 1 or 2 evolutions.

A good resource for drill that can be done for safety and survival can be found on the following DVDhttp://www.pennwellbooks.com/fisutefrprto.html

Live fire - NFPA 1403 is a must get ourself a copy ofhttp://www.pennwellbooks.com/lifitrinacst.html

P.J.

PJ is right.

I would start w/ the less destructive drills and then move through to the more destructive ones. If you are planning on getting a significant # of burns after it is all completed, I would caution you to limit your destruction in the house as it may create a lot of work to repair the structure for live fire.

Jake

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the188金宝搏是正规吗消防工程技术委员会, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go towww.sacthai.com/issues.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
我们是excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment toread our policy page. --Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mailpeter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2022 Created byfireeng. Powered by

Badges|Report an Issue|Terms of Service

Baidu