Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

有人在其空中机器上有直孔喷嘴吗?如果是这样,为什么?我们从雾变到了直线,我试图找到每个人的所有利弊。谢谢!

Views:678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stack tips deliver more water to the target, with less nozzle reaction than fog nozzles.
Agreed! However, we have named ours" The Plasma Cutter" because it will literally cut a house in half. we have left ruts in the yard from overshooting. With the Fog it easy to protect exposures. We are a mostly residential community and I just dont see much advantage in residential.

-The advantage touted by users of the fog is always exposure protection. In fact, the best use of water delivery is in fact, to knock the fire down. exposure protection is general speaking, not effective use of the water and the tactic general doesn't work well.

-The absolute advantage of the straight tip nozzle on a master stream is that massive amounts of water are delivered; which is in fact the goal of master stream operations. Straight tips deliver much more water than a fog nozzle, can deliver the water further and with less pressure required from the pump supplying the elevated master stream. Run the numbers yourself. If you're doing the math properly there will be an absolutely huge difference in solid vs fog with the solid bore nozzle being the clearly better choice.

-Keep in mind that thethe主流的目标是提供最多的水量。

Thank you Brick. I'm only answering this question once per customer.

The above is right on! Smooth Bore nozzles are less effected by wind and deliver the goods. There are just a few instances where the combination fog nozzle may be desired--Rail car incidents, better cooling affect with fog IF no wind and within reach of an effective application.

请记住要在水施用前去除堆叠式尖端,并根据可以输送的最大水选择尖端尺寸!我看过剩下的小技巧,因为人们很着急 - 我倾向于选择比我想象的要大的一句话,这似乎是一个好方法。

In the suburban setting I prefer the combination fog on our ground-based monitors for two reasons--The first is the winds at ground-level is easily delt with normally, and the combination is very effective at "going back-and-forth" between fog for cooling an exposure briefly, ember control, and when the seat just can't be reached well, whether a ground-based position or elevated position or not.

I tend to gravitate 75% of the time to smooth bore nozzles for "everything!'

Bricaultis absolutely correct! I would also like to humbly add that at 75 ft in the air with a fog tip one would lose alot of the stream to wind and by the time the water actually hit the fire it would probably be more steam than water anyways. We are also in the plans to switch our tip from a fog to a smoothbore for penitration, higher gpm and less psi, and reach. I am a firm believer that the best way to protect an exposure is by putting out the original fire.
加;恕我直言,如果您有能力在曝光保护方面浪费塔楼,那您的塔楼太多了。

Shareef Abdu Nur said:
Bricaultis absolutely correct! I would also like to humbly add that at 75 ft in the air with a fog tip one would lose alot of the stream to wind and by the time the water actually hit the fire it would probably be more steam than water anyways. We are also in the plans to switch our tip from a fog to a smoothbore for penitration, higher gpm and less psi, and reach. I am a firm believer that the best way to protect an exposure is by putting out the original fire.
我看到的一个好处是在高架主流上的组合喷嘴上有固体孔的好处是,当您处理大火时,蒸发的水应该较少,实际上应该驶向大火所在。这是基于组合喷嘴,将液滴整形成直流的流,而小滴在到达火底之前转换为蒸汽。固体孔将提供更多的质量与液滴,并更耐蒸汽转换,因此将水涂在火底部。

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the188金宝搏是正规吗消防工程技术委员会, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go towww.sacthai.com/issues.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment toread our policy page. --Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mailpeter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2022 Created byfireeng. Powered by

Badges|Report an Issue|Terms of Service

Baidu