Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I'm presenting the Firesmoke.org video "Out of Air" to my department for several nights for those interested. While the video is well done and gets the information across in a manner I believe will be well received, I would like to do more than just play the video. Does anyone have any idea's on either a demonstration or exercise I could put the members through to help reinforce the information?

谢谢

Reply to This

回答这一讨论

If you can get enough time I would show the Houston High rise rescue video from March 2007 of Capt. Eric Abbt very moving and puts "out of air" in context.
就埃里克·阿布特(Eric Abbt)而言,培训应该是在与您的船员住在一起的领域,而不是像他一样将自己置于这种情况下。他将很多fonvesser放在风险上,不说他们使用Aeriel的梯子作为可导出的入门工具所做的一切。
The video addresses the Houston Mayday during the course of its instruction, very well put together.

I agree with Chief Halton, how far in depth does it go while addressing the Houston incident? If it’s not the entire video then I would strongly suggest showing the entire thing. That has been one of my tools for new members sense the first time a watched the video. It’s something that all of my recruits watch when they first get on the department. Great training

Unfortunately it seems the first night was a bust. Only had 1 member attend, the majority of our younger & active guys were at a different station doing a "standby". The officers of the standby gave the members the option of a quick 30 minute scavenger hunt for equipment on our rigs (which we've had for years) or to attend. Looks like quick & easy won out. Will have to wait and see how the next showing goes.

Is anyone else running into the issue of Rookies thinking their so amazingly awesome right out of training & have nothing to learn anymore once they get the title of Firefighter?

Ron,

For sure we are having this issue, however it is kinda at both ends of the spectrum. We have our younger guys that are busy and don’t want to train and then we have the older generation that is reinforcing what the young ones are doing by not training themselves. I had a nice training set up the other night but I was working, so I had the LT and AC take care of it. They tested hose because “it’s not like the guys that where there need to do search and hose advancement, we’ve done it for years and XXXXX just got out of fire class”. Yeah so just hold strong and keep the faith man, and the biggest thing is to train the pants off of that one person who shows up. Never change your plan or cancel training because of lack of participation. Just keep pluggin along my friend and the mutts will work their way out, promise!

Keep the faith brothers!

Dan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login aboveDOES NOTprovide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives.Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the188金宝搏是正规吗消防工程技术委员会, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

有关审查的内容,请转到www.sacthai.com/issues.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
我们很高兴能参加我们的讨论和互动论坛。在开始发布之前,请花一点时间read our policy page. --Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mailpeter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2022 Created byfireeng. Powered by

Badges|Report an Issue|Terms of Service

Baidu