Fire Engineering Training Community

消防员来谈话训练的地方

上周末,我在“汽车旅馆”类型的结构上进行了烧伤。六个单元,中间四个相同/镜像,末端两个较大,并且具有不同的布局。这家汽车旅馆已翻新成六个“公寓”,我们通过添加1至2、3至4单元等的其他入口来进一步将它们连接起来。该建筑已经空置了三年以上,内部非常“湿”,因为开放了这么长时间,这极大地抑制了火灾行为(另一个未来的帖子)。一切顺利,没有受伤和大量的训练,但这使我有机会允许一些底漆教练有机会遮盖我一些经验丰富的教练,并允许其他点火团队成员旋转。
有些做得很好,有些我可以告诉您不会很快为我做LFT。一年多的所有年轻教练都在FF 1课程和其他较小的手和课堂教学场景中遮蔽了一年,但是很明显,在进行LFT之前,一些人仍然需要在教学基础上进行工作。
汽车旅馆类型的结构非常适合为学生和讲师培训,因为在结构中内置的设计中存在“常数”。您可以发生类似的火灾,发生较小的变化,并在实时尺度上查看动作的结果。可以将不同的策略用于进化,从而增加了火场上心理相似之处的曲目。年轻的教练也是如此。
This ideal of shadowing instructors leads off Lt. McCormack's comment from a few days ago concerning the fact that not everyone is cut out for LFT...in fact I'd stretch that to say that MOST instructors are not cut out to conduct LFT. What I will add, and strongly at that, is the faith that Ray mentions only comes from opportunities talked about above. Fostering a faith between instructors, between firefighters in general, is what it takes to have a well working team of instructors to go out and conduct a safe and effective LFT evolution/program. I have been fortunate to work with some of the best, Ray being one of them.
对于那些做LFT,促进您的信仰,成长和扩展团队的人来说,继续做正确的事,并确保您所做的一切最终都是为了改善消防服务和学生。保持安全的兄弟。

回答这一讨论

I agree Tony, there is becoming more and more of a gap of knowledge and experience due to the lack of structure fires. This is not helping the training officers of the future while they are on their own dept's. If you want to gain experience and knowledge, the first step is to get aquainted and associated with your local training facility and start helping out with the training tower practicals for entry level classes. This is where you can gain tons of knowledge "hopefully" from the lead instructor to sharpen your fireground skills. This will lead you into bigger and better training opportunities. So many people think that just because they've been on the job for 5 or 6 yrs, they have what it takes to train the new guys. Those guys are the guys who need to swallow some pride and put in some time helping out. The Fire Instructor shoulder patch doesn't make you a LFT Instructor. There is a tremendous responsibility in conducting a "compliant" burn, I am very fortunate to have gained a ton of experience from guys like Tony and Ray in this field. I have done a lot of burns for Tony and they have all gone to the T's with no injuries and everyone walking away with a helmet full of experience and an a** full of lead. This doesn't happen by accident, this is due to ALL the instructors being top notch and very well versed in their area. Guys looking to become a LFT Instructor, sharpen ALL your skills, put your time in at the training tower at your local tech college, and most of all, leave your ego in the truck when you put your gear on, it will allow you to absorb a lot more on the scene when you get there. Oh yeah, and get ready to sweat.............. a lot. I firmly believe in properly conducted NFPA 1403 compliant burns and the value they give to our troops, (notice I didn't say NEW troops). I have done countless LFT's and everytime, something new is learned whether it be in bldg const. or fire behavior or whatever, but something new is always added to the toolbox that will be there for future use. Stay safe brothers and as Ray says "Keep fire in your life".

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above才不是provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives.Please go here for our archives

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by theFire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

有关审查的内容,请转到www.sacthai.com/issues

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
我们很高兴能参加我们的讨论和互动论坛。在开始发布之前,请花一点时间read our policy page。- -Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mailpeter.prochilo@clarionevents.com

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
即将到来的播客

Groups

©2022创建Fireeng。Powered by

Badges|报告问题|服务条款

Baidu