Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I wonder if any of you in the community could help me with some good ideas as to how we can get 1000 firefighters to run at our courage and valor 5K at FDIC this year. Last year we had around 600 runners with 800 people signing up. Now that's not necessarily a bad thing the 200 who did not show up for the run were simply helping courage and valor by contributing their 20 bucks. A lot of those who didn't show up were not even able to make FDIC but wanted to help support the Ray Downey courage and valor foundation.

But this year I would really like to see 1000 of us hit the streets together. We hear a lot of talk these days about health and wellness and firefighter safety but unless each and every one of us makes a personal commitment to being in good shape it's all just a bunch of hot air.

We are also dedicating this year's courage and valor 5K to the memory of our good friend Steve Auch, were designing the shirt in his memory and I think if you want you can get one via our good friends with the IFD, of course you can have to pay your entry fee!

If you're already signed up to run at FDIC reach out to the gang you're traveling with and see how many others are running. If you haven't signed up yet the runs Thursday night before stop drop rock 'n roll. Here's a link to sign-up if you haven't signed up yet.https://secure.getmeregistered.com/get_information.php?event_id=4181

If you have any good ideas as to what we could do to hit that 1000 mark let me know on this forum.

Views:137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bobby,

I know you shy away from it, however some times you have to utilize your notoriety.

Start a program, sign up now and you will be entered into a drawing to run with Bobby Halton or a few of his other cohorts.

虽然只是一个。我是你可以get Avillo to run. I will be running again this year. I just hope I don't get smoked like last year by a guy in a full kangaroo custom!

Be Safe,

Frank Ricci

Frank Ricci -- u r an idea man

I am schedulked to fly out B4 the run b/c i have a bunch of stuff to do at home si i am leavng on thursday

my kids are in a play on thurs nite -- can't miss it u know

i will b there in spirit -- maybe next year

sorry Bobby

Frank Ricci said:

Bobby,

I know you shy away from it, however some times you have to utilize your notoriety.

Start a program, sign up now and you will be entered into a drawing to run with Bobby Halton or a few of his other cohorts.

虽然只是一个。我是你可以get Avillo to run. I will be running again this year. I just hope I don't get smoked like last year by a guy in a full kangaroo custom!

Be Safe,

Frank Ricci

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login aboveDOES NOTprovide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives.Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by theFire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go towww.sacthai.com/issues.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment toread our policy page. --Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mailpeter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2022 Created byfireeng. Powered by

Badges|Report an Issue|Terms of Service

Baidu